On November 26-29,2018, YSU Ijevan branch hosted a four-day training course on “Career Development”, organized by the “Community Center for Development” Territorial Cooperation NGO, co-financed by the European Union and the Government of Armenia within the framework of the “Integrated and Balanced Economic Development of Tavush Region” .
The project is aimed at ensuring more balanced social and economic development of Tavush region communities by creating new economic opportunities and jobs, as well as developing youth capacities.
The purpose of “Career Development” training course organized in the Branch was to support students, graduates, unemployed youth to understand their working identity, to formulate a career goal and develop a strategy / action plan to achieve that goal.
59 students of YSU Ijevan Branch, graduates and job seekers participated in the training.
“Career development” training course was conducted by Marina Poghosyan, MBA, CMC International Certified Advisor and coach, Director of “Management Systems Consulting” organization. For more than twenty years, she has contributed to the development of consulting market in Armenia, working with international organizations such as “Chamonix International”, “Nathan Associates”, “J. E. Associates “. Marina is also a senior trainer at the Women’s Entrepreneurship Program, funded by the American University of Armenia, International Women’s Association. In partnership with the European Bank, Marina conducts trainings in various countries, teaching management advisors. The training was conducted through practical exercises and interactive discussions. The training participants also had the opportunity to have 4 hours individual consulting with the trainer.
At the end of the training course on “Career Development”, the participants
- learned the main differences of “Career” and “job”
- managed to form a career-related SMART goal?
- learned the definition of competence and discovered the competences they have and they need to develop to achieve their career goals
- developed communication skills needed both in daily life and in career
- discovered the obstacles of finding a job and found their solutions
- developed an example of their short CV and accompanying / motivating letter
- learned the basics of a successful interview
- discovered job search tools.