On March 20th, 2019, YSU Ijevan Branch hosted the representatives of YSU Cultural Center, the director of the center, Artistic Director of “Universitarian” (“Hamalsaranakan”) theater-studio Karine Davtyan, headed by center choir and orchestra Artistic Director Karen Sargsyan.
The visit aimed to get acquainted with YSUIB, to involve students in the Center’s cultural initiatives, to deepen cooperation and to implement joint projects.
First, the representatives of YSU Cultural Center met with acting director of the Branch A. V. Tsutsulyan. Mr. Tsutsulyan welcomed the initiative of the center’s representatives, readiness to cooperate, and discussed the terms of cooperation.
Then the guests got acquainted with the daily life of the Branch, donated books to the library, and enjoyed the works of students and graduates of the Faculty of Applied Arts and the walls of the university designed by students.
Then, a meeting was held with YSUIB students, YSU Cultural Center Director Karine Davtyan familiarized the students with the center, briefly introduced the history of the center, the cultural groups functioning in the center and various cultural events, the purpose and objectives of the Cultural Center, the main directions of its activity.
In particular, it was mentioned that in June, 2006, in accordance with YSU Academic Council, YSU Cultural Center was established. The primary objectives were the coordination of cultural events, as well as the consolidation of events organized by YSU structures and ensuring their qualitative standards. To accomplish these tasks, multicultural ensembles were formed owing to professional leaders, creative and gifted students and lecturers were involved.
In the Cultural Center the following cultural groups are operating, with the help of which various cultural events are being implemented.
- Theatre-studio “Universitarian” (“Hamalsaranakan”)- Artistic director Karine Davtyan
- Ensemble of female dancers – Aristic director Ani Haroyan
- Choir – Artistic director RA honoured Artist Karen Sargsyan, conductor Ruben Karaseferyan
- Studio of Creative work (literature) – Director- Doctor of Philology, professor Samvel Muradyan
- “NIKE” volunteering squad- the coordinator- Arevik Prazyan
- Cinema club – the coordinator Maria Grigoryan
- Folk orhcestra – Artistic director – Armen Ayvazyan
- Guitarists group – Artistic director Norayr Shahbazyan
Goals and Objectives
- The aims and objectives of the Cultural Center are the following:
- The development of cultural skills of YSU students’ along with educational processes.
- The provision of communication of University students with students from different countries, including Artsakh and Diaspora, through culture.
- The organization and participation of interuniversity and state competitions, festivals, the discovery of gifted and talented students through the development of interuniversity cultural ties.
- The organization of inter-cultural competitions, festivals among student within and between the Universities.
- The organization of exhibitions, concerts and performances not only in Armenia, but also abroad.
- The organization of cultural lectures, seminars, round table discussions.
- The development of a good taste by organizing film screenings, performances, discussions, meetings with famous people.
The main activities of the Cultural Center are the following:
- The organization of concerts not only in Yerevan State University, but also in different regions of the Republic of Armenia and in Artsakh.
- The regular organization of meetings with prominent people from the cultural world.
- Visits to the theaters by organizing discussions with the creative stuff of the performance.
- Visits to the performances of National Academic Theatre of Opera and Ballet after Alexander Spendiaryan.
- The promotion of the participation of large-scale events, television programs, video shootings.
During the meeting, special emphasis was also put to 2019 International Student Competition entitled “The Voice of the Future Generation”, held for the first time in Armenia. Students of Ijevan Branch of Yerevan State University can apply until April 30.
At the end of the meeting, Acting Director of YSUIB A. V.Tsutsulyan, conveying his gratitude to YSU Cultural Center representatives for the visit and cooperation initiative, said: “At the next meeting in Ijevan, we will have a performance by YSU Cultural Center based on Vardges Petrosyan’s” Armenian Sketches “, which will be the beginning to continue the cooperation.”