On January 29th,2019, we had an interview with YSU Ijevan Branch graduate of 2008 academic year, manager of “Apaga tour” LLC Narek L. Chatyan.
–We would like to know your birth date and place.
– I was born on January 17, 1988 in Ijevan.
– Tell us, please, about your family (parents, wife, children).
– I am a son of pedagogues. My father, Levon Chatyan, has passed away, my mother, Hasmik Abazyan, is a teacher of Armenian language and literature. I have sister and brother. My sister works at Matenadaran, my brother, at Yale Extreme Park.
– What was your childhood dream?
– My dreams were constantly changing. But the most impressive ones were the dreams of becoming a pilot and architect.
– What education did you receive?
– In 2008, I graduated from YSU Ijevan branch of “Social-Cultural Service and Tourism” Bachelor’s degree. In 2010, I studied at YSU, obtained Master’s Degree in Culturology.
– What role did YSUIB education have in your life?
– The education acquired at YSUIB has played a vital role in my life and career. The attitudes and love of the professorial staff (mostly P. Asilbekyan), my fellow students, motivated me to work despite the shortage of work related to my profession.
– What work experience do you have?
– My work is completely connected with the “Apaga Resort”. Since 2009, I worked as a horse riding assistant in “Apaga Resort”, since 2012, an administrator, since 2015, I work as a manager.
– What is your favorite book?
– Among Armenian literature, “Gevorg Marzpetuni” by Muratsan, “Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho among foreign literature.
– What is the last book you read?
– I am a book lover and I regret that I do not manage to read much. I recently read Dale Carnegie’s book “How to Win Friends and Influence People”.
– What music do you prefer and what is your favorite song?
– I have a different approach to music. I do not like rabiz music, but in general, depending on mood, I listen to music of different styles, but I prefer the music that boosts your mood.
– What is your favorite movie?
I love “Slumdog Millionaire”, “We are Our Mountains”, S. Parajanov’s “The Color of Pomegranate”, which I can watch several times.
– Do you have a favorite sport?
– Football is my favorite sport. whether to play football or watch is a hobby for me.
– What is your favorite place in Armenia and abroad?
– My favorite place in Armenia is Makaravank, the place I will never miss the chance to visit. I have not been abroad a lot. I liked Sochi “Krasnaya Polyana” resort.
– What qualities do you value in people?
– Honesty, sincerity, loyalty and, of course, intellect.
– Do you have a favourite quote or slogan you are guiding?
– I do not have a favourite quote or a slogan.
– What will you never do?
– I will not betray, I will not act dishonestly.
“What are you afraid of?”
– I’m afraid of losing loved ones.
“Why are you sorry?”
– If there was such a thing for which I regretted, I would say: Probably everything in my life has been as it should have been, though every day you can be sorry for the things done or undone.
– What helps you make up your mind in difficult situations?
– Following my inner voice, faith in intuition helps me to make decisions in different situations.
– What do you think is the biggest achievement of your life?
– I think my biggest achievement is still ahead. until now all my achievements are related to my workplace and friends …
– What is your formula for success?
– Faith, willpower, being ambitious, concetration.
– What is the most valuable advice you have received?
– I got the most important advice from my grandfathers. Those tips have had a great impact on me and have helped me a lot in life, but now I do not distinguish between them.
– What is the main message that you would give to young people (in particular, YSUIB students)?
– I would advise our young people not to choose their profession automatically, take into consideration the love towards the profession and why not the future work. I wish them good will and purposefulness to work in their profession.
– Thank you very much for the interview.
Interviewed by YSUIB Public Relations and Media responsible Hasmik Vanyan.