On May 29, 2019, we had an interview with YSU Ijevan Branch graduate of 2001, director of Ijevan Child Development and Social Inclusion Center, “Bridge of Hope” NGO, Armine Nersisyan.
– Please tell us your birth date and place.
– I was born on March 11, 1980 in Yerevan.
– Tell us about your family.
– I have lived in a big family. My father is an engineer-builder, mother, librarian. Married, my husband works in the agricultural sector, he is an engineer-mechanic by profession. I have 2 kids, boy and girl. My son is 12 years old and has a musical endowment, I think he will succeed in that field, my daughter is still young, three years old.
– What was your childhood dream?
– From the very beginning I dreamed of becoming a teacher, and I think my dream has come true. I have been working in pedagogy and psychology for 18 years.
– What education did you receive?
– I studied at YSU Ijevan Branch of YSU and got a qualification of pedagogue-psychologist.
– What role did YSUIB education have in your life?
– The best years of my life are years of studying at YSUIB. where I have received professional education, I have learned to study independently, which has become a basis and opportunity for working and having a dignified life.
– What work experience do you have?
– I have 18 years of work experience. In 2001-2003 I worked in Ijevan N4 Secondary School as a psychologist and life skills teacher. From 2003-present, I am the director of Ijevan’s Center for Child Development and Social Inclusion “Bridge of Hope” NGO.
– What is your favorite book?
– I can read Tumanyan endlessly, be surprised and proud of his genius.
– What is the last book you read?
– The last book I read is R. Palacio’s “Wonder” novel.
– What music do you prefer and what is your favorite song?
– I love classical music, pop, folk. The song gives me wings to fly and dream.
–What is your favorite movie?
– I love the Frank Capra’s “This Wonderful Life” movie.
– Do you have a favorite sport?
– I love table tennis.
– What is your favorite place in Armenia and abroad?
– Oh, I love my home town in Armenia, my Tavush, my Ijevan, and I can not to mention the capital Yerevan. And the city of my dream abroad is Paris.
– What qualities do you appreciate in people?
– Honesty,fairness, diligence.
– Do you have a favourite quote or slogan you are guiding?
“Do good, and then throw it into the sea!” I love this folk saying very much and I often do that way.
– What will you never do?
– I will never leave my homeland.
“What are you afraid of?”
– Staying alone.
“Why are you sorry?”
– I think I still have time to do everything and not to regret it.
– What helps you make decisions in difficult situations?
– Not to panic, more balanced judgments. The difficult situations in life have made me even stronger and motivated to learn.
– What do you think is the biggest accomplishment of your life?
– My biggest accomplishment is definitely my children.
– What is your formula of success?
– Optimism, faith in the mission for which I live and love for life.
– What is the most invaluable advice you have received?
– If you plan correctly, you succeed.
– What is the main message that you would give to young people (in particular, YSUIB students)?
– I believe in the power of our bright young people, and I just want them to appreciate every moment of life and never be lazy.
– Thank you for an interesting interview.
Interviewed by YSUIB Public Relations and Press responsible Hasmik Vanyan.