Sorry, this entry is only available in Armenian.
In October of 2018, “Dyucaznagirq” Association awarded Nver Gharibyan “Dyucaznagir” that he had lifted 9,800 kg of hanging hooks in each hand and rose 45 times in 30 seconds at the same time: performing the same exercise 102 times in 40 seconds. This record was registered in RA “Dyucaznagirq” Book of Records.
In this connection, we interviewed Never Gharibyan, YSUIB Faculty of Emergency Situations, Athletics and Sports, World Cup 2nd prize winner (2016), European champion (2016, 2017, 2018), world record holder (2018), “Dyucaznagirq” record holder (2018 ), master of sport of the international class of Armenia.
–Mr. Gharibyan, on behalf of YSUIB Directorate and on behalf of university staff, we sincerely congratulate you on the occasion of your victory, wishing you new achievements in your sports and coaching career, numerous occasions to enjoy the victory, and thank you for participating in the interview.
– Mr. Gharibyan, we would like to know When and for which sport did you apply for the official registration of your record and when you receive the record certificate “Dyucaznagir”?
– In 2018, On September 16, the corresponding record was registered by “Dyucaznagirq” Association committee headed by Vardan Tovmasyan and on October 10, I received the certificate.
-How long have you been preparing for this record? Whether the next victory easily won by World Cup 2nd prize winner, three-time European champion and world-class sports master Nver Gharibyan?
– I have been preparing for this record for about two years. It was very complicated because the exercise requires speed and power, great effort and energy, long-term training.
– As a sportsman winning many times, do you agree that the more difficult the path of victory, the sweeter the joy of victory. Which of your numerous victories and achievements is more valuable to you?
– Yes, I agree, what is difficult to achieve is expensive and endless efforts, hard work and trainings are required to achieve high results. Any victory is valuable to me, as I have passed a long and difficult way to achieve those victories. My second participation in the European Powerlifting Championship (2017) was very important for me.
For the first time I took part in the European Championship in 2016 and lost to my opponent. I had a problem to prove that I was able to win, and I won, becoming a champion, in Europe Powerlifting Championship of 2017.
–What future plans do you have with regard to sports and coaching work, what are the new achievements that you would like to win?
– It is a privilege for any athlete to take part in the Olympics during his sporting career, but my sport (powerlifting) is not yet an Olympic sport. So far, I think, I have won all the titles (world champion, three-time European champion), and there is no such a championship that I would like to participate in. During my coaching career, my athletes won in many competitions, I have three Armenian sportsmen of international class, two Armenian sports master, three of my pupils study at the Armenian State Institute of Physical Culture and Sports. In the nearest future (November 16-18, 2018) four of my athletes will participate in the European Powerlifting Championship in Tbilisi as part of the Armenian national team.
– Your new achievement (becoming a record holder of “Dyucaznagirq”), Mr. Gharibyan, is not only a significant event for the branch and the sport world, but also a kind of inspiration for our students and youth of the region.
Once again, we congratulate you and wish you new victories and thank you for taking part in the interview.
Interviewer: Hasmik Vanyan, responsible for YSU IB public affairs and press
In 2018, on October 2, a candle lighting ceremony was held at YSU Ijevan branch, dedicated to the memory of our great compatriot, RA National Hero, French-Armenian singer, composer, writer, film actor, public figure, greatest Armenian Charles Aznavour (Shahnur, Vaghinak Aznavouryan).
On the previous day, October 1, “one of the greatest and brightest stars of the Armenian sky rested in peace”… It is unbelievable. A man who brought up generations by his love, whom we have loved since childhood, followed his art and life, have been proud that there was such an Armenian in the world who kept the honor of his homeland everywhere.
Candle lighting dedicated to the memory of the great Aznavour was organized by the YSU IB Department of French Language and Literature and Student Council
Acting Head of the Department of French Language and Literature A. Mardanyan delivered a speech noting that the eldest son of the Armenian people, who belongs to Armenia, France and the whole humanity has left. She underlined that Aznavour was an individual who always stood by his people, who used his genius and influence so that the whole world would not forget and condemn the Armenian Genocide. Aznavour was a whole universe, and now that universe has remained with us, but without its creator.
The 4th year students of the faculty French Language and Literature presented his life and work under the magical sounds of the songs of Aznavour, and recited poems.
Yesterday when I was young
The taste of life was sweet as rain upon my tongue,
I teased at life as if it were a foolish game
The way the evening breeze may tease a candle flame.
The thousand dreams I dreamed, the splendid things I planned
I always built, alas, on weak and shifting sand,
I lived by night and shunned the naked light of day
And only now I see how the years ran away.
Yesterday when I was young
So many drinking songs were waiting to be sung,
So many wayward pleasures lay in store for me
And so much pain my dazzled eyes refused to see.
I ran so fast that time and youth at last ran out
I never stopped to think what life was all about,
And every conversation I can now recall
Concerned itself with me, me, and nothing else at all.
Yesterday the moon was blue
And every crazy day brought something new to do,
I used my magic age as if it were a wand
And never saw the waste and emptiness beyond.
The game of love I played with arrogance and pride
And every flame I lit too quickly, quickly died.
The friends I made all seemed, somehow, to drift away
And only I am left on stage to end the play.
There are so many songs in me that won’t be sung,
I feel the bitter taste of tears upon my tongue.
The time has come for me to pay for yesterday
When I was young… Young… Young
Acting Director of YSU IB A. Cuculyan delivered a speech, in particular mentioning: “Communicating with our elders, we are cleansed a little, aspiring to betterment, to perfection. The values that Charles Aznavour created and gave will remain in all of us and will inspire hope and belief for all of us to fight, to create kindness, love and solidarity around us. Thank you all! “