The Faculty of Humanities has been operating since the Foundation of YSU Ijevan Branch, 1994, when Ijevan Regional College was reorganized as YSU Ijevan Branch, with a mission to meet the HR requirements of the Northeastern Region of Armenia, prepare specialists with sustainable knowledge, multidisciplinary education, prevent the leakage of youth from border areas.
The first Dean of the Faculty of Humanities, was Associate Professor Ruben Aghuzumtsyan. Artashes Papoyan (PhD, Professor), Samvel Arakelyan (PhD, Associate Professor), Rafik Nahapetyan (PhD, Associate Professor), Vardan Aleksanyan (PhD, Associate Professor, Ashot Nersisyan (Ph.D., Professor), Vachagan Avagyan (PhD, Associate Professor) headed the Faculty of Humanities for different years.
Over the years, partial changes have been made in the structure of the faculty. The following departments are functioning at the Faculty of Humanities:
The Russian Language and Literature section also works separately.
The Faculty organizes education for “History”, “Armenian Language and Literature”, “Psychology”, “Elementary Pedagogy and Psychology”, “French Language and Literature”, “English Language and Literature” specializations.
The Young Historians, Young Philologists, Young Psychologists Professional clubs are functioning at the Faculty.
THE ACTING DEAN OF THE FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
Karine P. Poghosyan, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
1993-1998 YSU Faculty of Armenian Philology
1998 -present – Assistant, then lecturer at YSU Ijevan Branch of Armenian Language and Literature Department
Pavstos Buzand “The History of the Armenian Language” (Linguistics and grammatical features) 2011.
“Modern Armenian Language Morphology”, “Grabar”, “Mother Tongue”, “The case and conjugation systems of middle Armenian”, “Similarities and Differences of Grabar and Modern Armenian”
Scope of scientific interests
Modern Armenian language with all its sections, History of Armenian Language, Stylistics
- P. Poghosyan, Attributes- uncoordinated attributes Specific Link, P. Buzand “History of Armenia”, “Akunq”, Collection of scientific articles, YSU, Yerevan, 2014, 1 (10), p. 193-206.
- P. Poghosyan, “the expression of grammatical categories of noun in H. Tumanyan prose”, “Akunk”, Collection of Scientific Articles, YSU, Yerevan, 2016, 1 (13), p. 210-224.
- P. Poghosyan, Formation of the Past tense and Forms of the Past in Grabar, Akunk, Collection of Scientific Articles, YSU, Y., 2016, 2 (14), p. 5-11.
- P. Poghosyan, Stylistic value of repetitions in H. Matevosyan’s novels, Akunk, Collection of Scientific Articles, YSU, Yerevan, 2017, 1 (15), p. 154-161.
- Poghosyan, Essay on the development of the verbal system of the Armenian language, Materials of the XVI International Scientific and Practical Conference, Makhachkala, 2016, p. 59-61.
- Poghosyan, The Impact of Russian Syntactic Structures on the Armenian Language, Materials of the XIII International Scientific and Practical Conference, Makhachkala, 2017, p. 100-102.
Knowledge of languages
Armenian, Russian, French
Married, a son and a daughter
ACADEMIC COUNCIL OF THE FACULTY OF HUMANITIES